Connect with us

News

TRAGEDY IN SAMBURU: Ecuador Intelligence Chief, Five Americans Among 7 Killed in Chopper Crash

Published

on

Seven people are dead after a helicopter crashed in Samburu County, with an Ecuadorian intelligence chief and five American nationals among those killed.

The shocking crash happened on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, in the foothills of Mount Ololokwe.

The helicopter had reportedly taken off from Suyian Conservancy on a charter flight towards the mountain when it went down at around 9:13 a.m.

There were no survivors.

Among the dead was Michele Sensi Contugi, 44, who headed Ecuador’s National Intelligence Centre in Quito.

Advertisement

The Italian-Ecuadorian national had reportedly been holidaying in Kenya with his wife.

Another high-profile victim was José Alberto Suárez, 55, a longtime NBCUniversal and Telemundo executive who managed several television stations in Florida.

The United States State Department confirmed that five Americans were aboard the helicopter and said its embassy was working with Kenyan authorities.

Kenya’s aviation authorities have since secured the crash site as investigators begin working to establish what caused the deadly Samburu helicopter crash.

The other victims were identified as pilot Josh Outram and passengers Roger Duarte, Adam Navaty, Stephen Vasconquez, Henry Parra and Suian Suarez.

Advertisement

The identities of the victims have now placed the Kenyan aviation tragedy under intense international scrutiny.

For families thousands of kilometres away, however, the investigation is only beginning.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Three suspects linked to murder of Dr Mutiso detained for 30 days

Published

on

By

Three police officers accused of playing key roles in the killing of Dr. Victoria Nthunya Mutiso will remain behind bars for 30 days as detectives dig deeper into the shocking case.

The officers, Elijah Kibelion Kimoi, Daniel Njoroge and Kevin Kinuthia, were arraigned at Milimani Law Courts after their arrest on August 7.

The court heard explosive allegations about what investigators believe happened on the night Dr. Mutiso was killed.

According to the DCI, Kimoi allegedly fired the fatal shot.

Njoroge is accused of driving a black Toyota Prado that allegedly blocked the vehicle carrying Dr. Mutiso, while Kinuthia allegedly used a motorcycle to transport Kimoi to and from the scene.

Advertisement

Dr. Mutiso was fatally shot on July 29 in Upper Hill, Nairobi, while travelling inside an Uber vehicle.

And investigators say this may not have been a random killing.

A land dispute involving Dr. Mutiso has emerged as a possible motive. Detectives are also investigating claims that she had previously been followed and had survived an earlier armed confrontation.

In a major twist, investigators say a recovered firearm has been forensically linked to cartridge cases and a bullet recovered from the murder scene.

The firearm was reportedly issued to a senior police officer who remains at large.

Advertisement

The court was told that releasing the three suspects could interfere with the ongoing investigation or expose witnesses to intimidation.

Detectives are now pursuing CCTV footage, call-data records, firearms and other suspects believed to be connected to the killing.

For now, the three officers remain in custody.

And investigators say the Dr. Victoria Mutiso murder case is far from over.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Youth PS Fikirini Jacobs Faces Growing Resignation Calls After TUK Student Is Shot Dead

Published

on

By

The heat is rising for Youth Affairs Principal Secretary Fikirini Jacobs.

Fresh calls for his resignation are spreading online after the fatal shooting of 28-year-old Technical University of Kenya (TUK) student Cecil Ouma, who was allegedly shot by a bodyguard attached to the PS during a youth empowerment event in Nairobi.

The incident happened after a government youth forum in Kariokor. Witnesses say Ouma, a youth mobiliser, approached the PS’s vehicle following a disagreement over money meant for participants. Moments later, gunshots rang out.

Police have linked the shooting to a member of the PS’s security team. Detectives have since questioned several people, including two bodyguards and officials who were inside the vehicle, as investigations gather pace. Firearms used by the security officers have also been seized for ballistic analysis.

The tragedy has sparked public outrage, with Kenyans demanding accountability and justice for Ouma. Calls for Fikirini Jacobs to step aside continue to grow as pressure mounts for a transparent investigation into what happened.

Constitutional Affairs adviser Makau Mutua has also called for a thorough investigation, insisting that everyone found responsible must face the full force of the law without exception.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Muhoozi Claims He Personally Ordered Martha Karua’s Deportation From Uganda

Published

on

By

“I deported her myself.”

That explosive statement from Uganda’s Chief of Defence Forces Muhoozi Kainerugaba has ignited fresh controversy across East Africa.

The powerful military chief and son of President Yoweri Museveni publicly claimed responsibility for the deportation of Kenyan politician and People’s Liberation Party leader Martha Karua, saying she is no longer welcome in Uganda.

Taking to X on June 23, Muhoozi dismissed suggestions that his father was behind the decision.

“Do not blame my great father for this decision. I deported her myself. She’s no longer allowed in our country,” he posted.

Advertisement

The remarks quickly triggered fierce reactions online, with supporters praising the move while critics accused Uganda of undermining regional cooperation and the rule of law.

The dramatic declaration comes just days after Karua was blocked from entering Uganda through Entebbe International Airport and informed she had been declared persona non grata.

Karua had travelled to Kampala to join the legal team representing veteran opposition leader Kizza Besigye, who is currently facing treason charges.

The decision has raised serious questions from both the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) and the Uganda Law Society (ULS), which argue that Karua held a valid special practising certificate authorising her participation in the high-profile case.

Pressure is now mounting after the East Africa Law Society condemned the deportation and announced plans to challenge the move in court.

Advertisement

The controversy deepens as Besigye recently accused Muhoozi of making public statements and alleged death threats that could compromise his right to a fair trial. Muhoozi has since asked Uganda’s High Court to dismiss the claims, describing them as baseless.

Besigye, one of President Museveni’s longest-serving political rivals, has remained in detention on treason charges since his controversial arrest and return to Uganda from Kenya in late 2024.

With Karua barred, legal battles intensifying, and Muhoozi openly taking responsibility, the diplomatic and political fallout is only getting bigger.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending